So this wine came out really well so I thought I'd share what I'd done as I had decided while making it that I'd take a few pictures.
So the starting place was the Elderflower;
As luck would have it I've got a huge bush growing the garden so I only had to walk about two meters from my front door. The first bit of good luck :-)
Sadly though it had a bit of a black-fly infestation;
Which meant that probably one-in-ten of the flowers weren't going to be usable (or would make the wine slightly more meaty than I was aiming for).
Anyway, I picked a few of the flowers aiming to keep as many of the flowers and as little of the stalks as possible;
This worked pretty well and after a few minutes I'd got a pretty good volume of flowers;
That's a two-gallon tub so you can see I've got a nice lot.
Now I'm adding in two kids cartons of Orange juice;
Next, it's time to add in a bit of lemon and some sugar. I tend to freeze lemon juice so I've got a nice stock in the freezer;
I added 1.5kg of sugar which has mad a nice medium wine. Sadly I never do the ABV calculations so I can't tell you the percentage I ended up with - but that would largely depend on the yeast anyway!
Final steps - top up with boiling water and added a stick of cinnamon;
Now it's time to spot the deliberate mistake; I wasn't careful enough adding the boiling water and managed to burn some of the elderflowers - hence the black bits in the picture. Opps!
And so here you go, add in the yeast, leave for a couple of days and then bottle.
Like I said it came out really well (glad I did two gallons!).